Fresh sheep milk has higher levels of vitamins - A, B₁, B₂, B₆, B₁₂, C, E and minerals – Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Zinc than cow and goat milk.
We believe that New Zealand sheep milk is one of the most beautiful tasting milks in the world. The entire family will enjoy its full creamy flavour and luxurious, smooth mouth feel.
Watch our video with health/fitness expert and performance nutritionist Lee-Anne Wann to learn more.
What makes sheep milk truly unique and precious?
It is well known that only happy sheep produce milk – they are sensitive creatures! We have a flock of 3,000 East Friesian dairy sheep living on the beautiful pastures of our farm. The East Friesian breed by their very sweet-but-sometimes-stroppy natures they certainly aren't inclined to do anything they don’t want to. Milking sheep require everything on the farm and in the milking parlour to be a certain kind of ‘just so’.
Our promise is to consistently deliver high quality, safe and delicious tasting milk products – so good, your family will never want to drink any other milk ever again.
1. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. (2013). Milk and Dairy Products in Human Nutrition.
2. Raynal-Ljutovac, K., Lagriffoul, G., Paccard, P. Guillet, I., Chilliard, Y. (2008). Composition of goat and sheep milk products: An update. Small Ruminant Research, 79, 57-72.
3. Park. Y.W., Juarez, M., Ramos, M., Haenlein, G.F.W. (2007). Physico-chemical characteristics of goat and sheep milk. Small Ruminant Research, 68, 88–113.
4. Haenlein, G.F.W, & Wendorff, W.L. (2006). Sheep Milk, Handbook of Milk of Non-Bovine Mammals. Blackwell Publishers.
5. Thompson, J.L., Manore, M., Vaughan, L. The Science of Nutrition (3rd Edition).
6. Pattanayak, S. (2013). Human health impact of bovine beta-casomorphin- 7 of milk – a question for milk products or our breeding policy?Exploratory Animal and Medical Research, 3,2; 93-94.